I have noticed that my typing skills have started to deteriorate. Over the summer, I would write four to five posts a week, and this really helped me develop better writing and typing skills. Since I miss writing, but don’t miss the time and financial commitment of glimmerick.com, I am going to start blogging on this one agian. Looking forward to developing an entire new audience!
For now, I will post here about my personal life when I can. Just what I need, right? More things to consume my time, but I want to be able to write about other things than business from time to time, like I do at Glimmerick.
Things are shaping up nicely over at Glimmerick.com, and I think I have finally nailed down a design that I really like. I have a new RSS feed setup, and a lot of cool features that I didn’t have here.
- Add to Any– Really neat Social Book marking plugin, allowing you to email, digg, del.icio.us, Stumble Upon, (upon dozens of others) any cool stories I might write.
- CommentLuv– When you comment on my post, if you have a blog, this tool will load your last post title w/ link at the bottom. Viewers can then be easily directed to your Blog.
- Google Analytics – This is a really powerful, free, tool that allows users to see traffic to their site, bounce rate, average time on site, if a person directly came to my site, or was referred, etc. This allows me to help create content that is more relevant to my specific readers.
Don’t forget to check out the new site! Glimmerick.com
Currently, I am trying to move the blog over to http://www.glimmerick.com. Please be patient while I get things moved over, and I should be posting new posts daily within a week, meanwhile I will move all of these posts over there as well. Thanks, and enjoy!
Basically I have really been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now. There were always a couple problems that popped up though:
- I don’t know how- lame I know.
- What would I write about?
- What if nobody reads it?
- It seems like a lot of work.
Then I thought about these problems and they all seem trivial and shallow. If I do not know how to do something but want to do something, maybe I should learn? Then I was thinking, I will just write about topics that are important and relevant to my life today! Who cares if people read my blog right away. My position is not to make a blog to get people to read, but rather to write about something that I am passionate about, and try to incorporate some sort of quality and value aspect to it, and people will want to read. Like I was reading somewhere recently, if I was planning to make a new product to sell, my goal should be to make something of intrinsic value and worry about the making money later. This idea is opposed to creating something to specifically to make money, and then trying to make it valuable.
So I have come to the conclusion that I should just write about each of the books I am reading, specifically in the realm of Business/leadership types of book, in addition to spiritual books. Interesting combination I know, but those are the two topics in my life that I am currently passionate about learning more about.